Custom Size Mattresses
We can custom size a set of mattresses for you. Both the Mattress and the Foundation can be custom sized. When your mattress doesn’t quite fit one of the seven common sizes of mattresses you may need a special size. Sometimes Custom size mattresses will be needed for Antique Beds, Odd Sized Beds, RVs, Semi Trucks and Boats.
How to Measure:
- Measure Length, Width, and Height of Mattress and, or Foundation. If ordering both mattress and foundation measure let us know the Total Height you would like both pieces to be.
- We can adjust the Foundation height down to accommodate the thicker mattresses by ordering what’s called as a low-profile Foundation.
- You must subtract any corner obstructions from the measurements taken above. ***
- The most common antique size is 48x72. However, there is no standard size for antique bed frames and mattresses, so every order must be custom made to fit.
- Please measure all 4 sides of your frame, Box spring, and/or mattress with a tape measure, to know your correct size. Our factory workers can then shorten a standard mattress to fit your bed for you.
- Please understand that due to the construction of innerspring mattresses, the bed may be up to 2" smaller than requested because we must remove an entire row of springs instead of cutting them in half, but the mattress will never come too big for your bed.
What if it doesn't fit?
- Please be careful when taking measurements since these are custom made for you and, they can not be returned
- On some bed sets, the box spring will be a different size than the mattress so you will need to measure both pieces.
- Also, since beds are often set up not perfectly square, you will need to measure all four sides of the bed to find the correct size. Be sure to check for boards, bolts and corner pieces that often protrude in to the mattress area and order your pieces small enough to fit inside any of these protrusions.
Very few Mattress Manufactures will allow their mattress and foundations to be custom sized. We work with 2 of our Supplier that will custom size. Both Corsicana Mattress and Southerland will allow custom sizing on a limited number of their products. On the Average, the price for custom sizing a mattress can be anywhere from $100.00 extra per cut to $200 extra per piece plus the cost of the mattress set.
Here are a few examples of mattresses from our Mattress Line-up that we can have custom sized: